Fiverr English Test-Basic U.S.
1. ____ that house have a finished basement?
2. Annie is ____ to get involved in the argument.
3. There are no restaurants anywhere near the factory, ____?
Answer: Are there
4. Everyone ____ Jimmy was invited to the party.
5. Does this bag belong to ____?
6. If the hotel has no vacancy, you can stay with ____.
7. This house doesn’t have an attic, ____?
Answer: Does it
8. _______ Julie’s car was brand new, it had mechanical problems.
Answer: Even though
9. How many guests are we expecting ___?
10. I will present first unless someone _____ the agenda.
11. ____ coming with us, right?
12. Jan didn’t like _____ the food on the menu.
Answer: Any of
13. What ______ about your performance?
Answer: Did she say
14. _____ the name of your new boss?
15. ____ roof has sprung a leak.
16. The game show was hosted by an actor ____ name I can’t recall.
17. Remember _____ the garage after ______ your project.
Answer: To close, finishing
18. The company decided ___ logo was outdated.
19. By next month, the company ______ 2,000 self-driving cars.
Answer: Will have sold
20. In my opinion, pistachios are better _____ almonds.
21. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
“I’ll meet you there,” said Jonathan.
22. >Every minute of the play was _____.
23. We are looking to hire someone who has a strong _____ in management.
24. No, I didn’t turn ____ the radio.
25. I don’t want to go in; there’s a massive ______.
26. _____ the football team is in peak condition.
27. I think you used too _____ salt in your sauce.
28. When my husband comes home, ______ to dinner.
Answer: We will go
29. Even if we work until midnight, we ____ miss the deadline.
Answer: Will still
30. Jorge is talented _______ in English, Spanish, and French.
Answer: At writing
31. ______ would you like to have the couch delivered?
32. I’ll let you know _____ we arrive.
33. I will be there on time unless my flight ______.
Answer: Is delayed
34. Could you do ____ a favor?
35. I usually eat healthy, ______ I love the occasional slice of pizza.
36. Kwame will have hidden the presents _____ we get there.
37. _____ wasn’t the garage closed last night?
38. Without practice, our team will ____ to the Tigers.
39. Dad won’t remember to bring the gifts unless _____ him.
Answer: You ask
40. By 2021, Marcia ______ her second degree.
Answer: Will have finished
41. The principal wants to have a meeting _____ Billy’s behavior.
42. As soon as you wake up, you ____ to take the dog out.
43. After a three-hour delay, the food still ______.
Answer: Hasn’t arrived
44. You should be more ______ in class.
45. During the hurricane, Jose’s home suffered a lot of ______.
46. One of his least favorite job duties is _____ presentations.
47. If Janine had given you constructive feedback, what _______ said?
Answer: Would you have
48. To join the organization, you need a lot of ______.
49. My ____ engine is making a strange sound.
50. There’s an extra coffee mug ____ the counter.
51. Malik hasn’t called you today, _____ he?
52. All of the supplies on the table are for ____.
53. Once you finish your paperwork ___ bring it back to the reception desk.
54. The dog is sleeping _____ the table.
55. You don’t happen to have a pen, ____?
Answer: Do you
56. We can only serve beer ____ wine at the event.
57. I finally feel ____ enough to return to work.
58. _____ new store just opened last week.
59. _____ I win the lottery, I still want to work.
Answer: Even if
60. You have to take ____ of your medicine to feel better.
61. ______ it rains, the garage floods.
Answer: Every time
62. Gerard’s favorite activity on Sundays is ______.
63. How ____ milk is needed for this recipe?
64. If we would have left earlier, we ______ on time.
Answer: Would have arrived
65. Mr. Evans gave everyone a cupcake as a ____ gesture.
66. Angus sprinted _____ the finish line.
67. Gretchen agreed ______ me with my philosophy homework.
Answer: To help
68. Did you hear about what ______ to the Smith family?
69. The pest control team will arrive _____ 10 a.m.
70. I’m going to sleep now because I’m _____ tired.
71. You are ____ to read the book of your choosing.
72. I will attend the meeting _____ Mr. Williams.
Answer: In place of
73. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: June will present chapter one, and Josh will present the rest.
74. Sometimes, it’s dangerous to cook with _____.
75. There’s no point _____ the truth.
Answer: In denying
76. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: After I graduate, I’ll move back to Nebraska.
77. _____ were upset about _____ extra homework.
Answer: Students, much
78. ____ don’t usually like the same movies.
79. We’ll find Gemma’s teddy bear, ______ it is.
80. When are you going to buy ____ new car?
81. I would have cleaned the house if I ______ you were coming.
Answer: Had known
82. I ______ the writer’s conference last year.
Most of the movie was shot in the _____.
84. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: How many siblings do you have?
85. The hospital needs more _____ with ______ in neurology.
Answer: Doctors, experience
86. Carol will be successful because she writes ______.
87. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: I returned the sweater with the black sequins yesterday.
88. _____ assigned this project to you on such short notice?
89. Please be sure ______ your phone while _______.
Answer: To turn off, driving
90. ____ the weather, we have to leave today.
Answer: Regardless of
91. If you don’t feel well, you should ____ down.
92. _____ a bad ninth inning, the team still won.
93. I refuse to _______ Chester’s apology.
94. _____ it rains today, we’ll have to move the party indoors.
95. You haven’t seen my car keys, _____?
Answer: Have you
96. If the power goes out, we _____ to use the backup generator.
Answer: Will have
97. Mr. Weaver was accused ____ falsifying records.
98. A protestor climbed _____ the stage during the ceremony.
99. The sale only _____ to select products.
100. The Queen’s ____ has lasted for several decades.
101. I’ll be there ______ I can.
Answer: As soon as
102. I’m happy to announce that Ms. Williamson ______ the position.
Answer: Has accepted
103. Did you remember _____ the oven when you finished?
Answer: To turn off
104. Figure it out amongst ______.
105. During the heist, the thief risked _____ being caught.
106. If I buy the tickets, ______ buy the popcorn?
Answer: Will you
107. If your phone stops working, ______ a new one?
Answer: Will you get
108. When you’re done, _____ your books to your room.
109. To ___ does this coat belong?
110. Meredith really enjoys _____ satire.
111. The Burj Khalifa is the ____ tallest building.
112. _____ Billy failed the test, he still passed the class.
Answer: Even though
113. It was the ____ movie Jean had ever seen.
114. The college needs a professor ___ specializes in economics.
115. We don’t like selfies because we don’t know how to take pictures of _____.
116. I wish Jeremy ____ us about the meeting before today.
Answer: Had told
117. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: Sean, the youngest of six, was the family’s only college graduate.
118. The venue changed, but ____ closer to home.
119. High pitched sounds in the recording are _____ audible, but they can be heard at high volume.
120. Jessie asked ___ “What are you guys doing after class?”
121. When the TV show ends, _____ give you my undivided attention.
Answer: I will
122. You should slice the pizza _____ so everyone gets a slice.
123. ____ need to pick a dessert for the reception.
124. No one is allowed in the building _____ they show their ID badge.
125. _____ Phyllis angry with us for making too much noise?
126. I’d like to accept this award _________ Vanessa, who couldn’t be here tonight.
Answer: On behalf of
127. We can’t take the dog _____ while there’s lightning.
128. If I earn a bonus this year, I ______ to Italy.
Answer: Will have traveled
129. Bradley will need help _____ the first semester.
130. There weren’t any violations, ____?
Answer: Weren’t there
131. Our family plans ______ to Mexico for the summer.
Answer: To go
132. Charles ran ____ the building before the rain started.
133. Everyone entered the contest _____ Jill.
134. When ______ first place, my parents will be so proud.
Answer: I win
135. At noon, the board will announce ____ has been appointed as CEO.
136. Can someone please pass ____ bread?
137. The room feels crowded because there are ________ people in here.
Answer: Too many
138. _____ you going on vacation in April?
139. We’re not going on vacation ____ August.
140. Caleb’s parents have a meeting with the _____ today.
141. Next Friday, the restaurant ______ at 4 p.m. for dinner.
Answer: Will open
142. Let me know ______ you’d like to go to dinner.
143. Take an extra layer in case _____ cold in the auditorium.
Answer: It is
144. _______ is this sweater fashionable, _____ it’s also ethically made.
Answer: Not only, but
145. We can’t leave _____ the driveway is blocked.
146. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: Mr. Williams introduced us to Peter, a new student from Denmark.
147. For stronger bones, your son should drink ____ milk.
148. It’s a nice house, ____ it’s not my top choice.
149. Professor Grant thought the presentation was _______ unacceptable.
150. I’d like a coffee ____ a tea.
151. The entire room is reserved for ___.
152. Bruce studied hard, ____ he thought the exam was easy.
153. The security guard stopped the thief ____ stealing two sweaters.
154. I’ve made arrangements ______ at a five-star resort.
Answer: To stay
155. ____ bag ripped because it was too full.
156. I was ____ surprised that my contract was renewed.
157. Aunt Ann walked ____ for one hour.
158. My brother’s sense of humor is nothing ____ mine.
159. Georgia ______ there for 15 years.
Answer: Has worked
160. Charlie’s letter ____ that he was homesick.
161. We should _____ the meeting at 8 a.m. sharp.
162. Try to _____ in on what the author is saying in the article.
163. It wasn’t _____ film of the year, but it still won _____.
Answer: The best, awards
164. We’ll stay at Grandma’s house ____ our visit.
165. After the party ____ we should head home.
166. My flight is delayed because the aircraft ______ yet.
Answer: Hasn’t arrived
167. I _____ into an old friend from high school last night.
168. We have ____ food to feed the entire family.
Answer: Plenty of
169. The ______ new house had a finished basement with a wine cellar.
170. Next August, the entire cast ______ to France for the premiere.
Answer: Will travel
171. I’ve loved reading _____ I was just 5 years old.
172. We’ll need five more plates _____ what we already have.
Answer: In addition to
173. The plumber ____ us if we’d had problems with the sink before.
174. _____ neighborhood has the best school district?
175. I hope the weather clears up so we __________ for a walk.
Answer: Can go
176. How will the organization be ______ by these changes?
177. It was a _____ that we both arrived at the same time.
178. _____ are organizing the potluck dinner.
179. A ___ of my colleagues attended the conference, so I wasn’t alone.
180. How will the weather ____ the construction project?
181. Miriam skipped the party ____ she was ill.
182. The historic home ______ 100 years ago.
Answer: Was constructed
183. If you leave the bread out, it _______ become stale.
184. The students must walk in an _____ fashion.
185. The train is never on time when I ______ late.
Answer: Am running
186. Yesterday, the entire
family ______ their gifts at the same time.
187. Today’s heat is just too much to ______.
188. We must leave now because we have _____ time to spare.
189. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: You didn’t finish the homework, did you?
190. ______ should we go when the assembly is over?
191. Billy can publish anything on his blog ________ it’s true.
Answer: As long as
192. We have to turn _____ all phones during dinner.
193. _____ James _____ Jessie are getting promoted.
Answer: Both, and
194. If ______ my help, you can reach me at my desk.
Answer: You need
195. _____ time should we start the meeting?
196. If you’re not feeling well, ______ come to the office.
Answer: You should not
197. Kim suggested _____ at 5 p.m. to discuss our progress.
198. _____ the avocados have gone bad.
Answer: Some of
199. I washed your t-shirt because it was _____.
200. _____ Mr. Smith _____ Ms. Brown could chaperone the dance.
Answer: Neither, nor
201. We need to clean up and put everything in ____ place.
202. Which sentence is correct?
Answer: Because Gary practices every day, he is a great pianist.
203. I don’t know where I left ___ keys.
204. Everyone laughed when the cat climbed ____ the stage.
205. Do you know _____ the boys have left yet?
206. How long is your commute to work ____
207. “I can help,____ said Mrs. Wilson.
208. If we close the store now, _____ we lose money?
209. Bobby was frequently late for work, ____ he received a great performance review.
210. Randy pretended ______ the meal even though he dislikes broccoli.
Answer: to enjoy
211. One of the main symptoms of the virus is _____.
212. Everyone will have a chance to say their ____ during the meeting.
213. In tonight’s game, the Celtics will play ____ the Bulls.
214. Brad said he’d like to ride ____ us.
215. The textbook is ____ world history and geography.
216. James has to start over because he cleaned his room _____.
217. Neither Phoebe ____ Rachel admitted to breaking the glass.
218. I haven’t seen Joanna ____ last Friday.
219. Mrs. Briar chose ____ for the job.
220. Which van should we take – ____ or ours?
221. ____ project won first place in the competition.
222. We could drive instead _______ an Uber.
Answer: of taking
223. Carl and ___ are the only chaperones for the field trip.
224. The band started playing after _____.
Answer: you left
225. Which of these coats is ____?
226. The orchestra’s holiday performance was just _____.
227. The girl with the _____ hair is Jenny.
228. I still need to ____ out my ideas for the book.
229. Where ______ purchased?
Answer: was the coat
230. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: Their slogan says, “The best barbecue in town.”
231. When Dylan was young, he dreamed ___ becoming a firefighter.
232. Paul threw out the bottle because he _______ it was yours.
Answer: didn’t know
233. I anticipate ______ the project complete by Tuesday.
234. _____ are sharing one hotel suite for the entire trip.
235. You will only get a promotion if ______ hard.
Answer: you work
236. When Mauricio ____ through the front door, everyone will yell, “Surprise!”
237. Are you interested ______ us for dinner?
Answer: in joining
238. The audience doesn’t care ______ questions.
239. This basketball needs more air because it’s not ____ enough.
240. Briana will clean the kitchen _____ Edward vacuums the rugs.
241. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: My parents’ new car has more modern features than your parents’.
242. For our homework, we have to listen ____ a podcast.
243. Every driver must show proof of ____ insurance.
244. When ______ the good news?
Answer: will Sherrie share
245. _____ it rains _____ not, the show must go on.
Answer: Whether, or
246. What meal ______ when she got sick?
Answer: was April eating
247. John refuses to try anything new because he’s risk-_____.
248. I have three items in my backpack ____ a book, a pen, and my wallet.
249. ____ almost time for us to leave.
250. We will spend the afternoon at the job _____.
251. _____ is one of my favorite pastimes.
252. I love ham sandwiches ____ only on rye bread.
253. ______ seen any good TV shows lately?
Answer: Have you
254. The committee is interested _______ your thoughts.
Answer: in hearing
255. There isn’t ____ space in the car for four more people.
256. Jenny is so young, ____ she has accomplished so much.
257. After dinner, no one ______ to load the dishwasher.
258. Brendan was sent home early for behaving ______.
259. She and ____ will meet you at 7 p.m.
260. You can’t use your cell phone once you’re _____ the plane.
261. ____ project won first place in the competition.
262. Because of the snow, the bus ______ yet.
Answer: hasn’t arrived
263. The group is _____ of three experienced doctors.
264. Jasmine learned _______ five languages when she was a child.
Answer: to speak
265. ______ if I adjust the thermostat?
Answer: Would you mind
266. Do you know _____ this door is locked?
267. You need a good sense of _____ to enjoy the TV show.
268. The office needs an assistant ____ takes initiative.
269. Matthias has to work early tomorrow, but he is happy ______ tonight.
Answer: to go out
270. The meteorologist urged everyone to drive _____ after the storm.
271. Jackie _____ the actor to ask for his autograph.
272. Dinner didn’t start until 9 p.m. because everyone was ____ late.
273. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: Julie’s house is the blue one on the left.
274. Does he like to _____ music in his spare time?
275. I yearn _____ a vacation after this difficult semester.
Answer: for taking
276. Who is _____ leader in ______?
Answer: the oldest, the world
276. Are you the person in charge here ____
277. If you ____ at the gifts, you’ll ruin the surprise.
278. After the next presentation, let’s take a ______.
279. Sue had only positive things to say _____ our party.
280. Christine didn’t like pickles, _____ she ate one anyway.
281. When I graduated from college, I ______ to New York City.
282. Please walk ____ while you move the vase across the room.
283. What _______ to you?
Answer: does art mean
284. Roger needs a minute to catch his ______.
285. I only packed three shirts ____ a red one, a black one, and a green one.
286. I don’t recall ______ anything about extra time off.
287. Don’t forget to take your wallet ____ you.
288. William sat ____ me during the play.
289. ____ meal comes with a bowl of _____.
Answer: The, soup
290. We ______ to tour the campus
Answer: are going
291. You know how to scramble eggs, _____?
Answer: don’t you
292. How much _______ when you checked in for the flight?
Answer: did your suitcase weigh
293. This store is closed ___ We should try another place
294. Samantha decided to turn on the ceiling fan _____ it was too warm.
295. We bought ____ food this week.
296. The jam is on ______ of the fridge.
Answer: the top shelf
297. Carla needs more ____ before she takes ____ exam.
Answer: sleep, the
298. Justin still ______ yet.
Answer: hasn’t apologized
299. Jerry has six daughters, and ____ all live in Las Vegas.
300. Carrie is an introvert and tends _____ shy with new people.
Answer: to be
301. The gift with the red bow is ____
302. You shouldn’t carry ____ much cash when you travel abroad.
303. Make sure you learn every client’s name _____ you can introduce them to each other.
Answer: so that
304. The recent cold weather is the _____ reason for the decline in occupancy.
305. As usual, Mr. Park had _____ for breakfast before he left for _____.
Answer: coffee, work
306. After _____, I rode my bicycle to work.
307. The _____ largest gym has both a steam room and a sauna.
308. Many of the employees complained ______ the management over low pay.
309. Building a new wing for the hotel is impossible. We have _________ the funds.
Answer: neither the land nor
310. It wasn’t _____ play Ms. Yee had ever seen, but it was _____ one.
Answer: the best, a good
311. Peter lost control of his car and just missed crashing _____ a wall.
312. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: The emperor was wearing no clothes, which was quite obvious to Beverly.
313. Max was completely _____ with trying to complete his dissertation.
Answer: fed up
314. _____ at high elevation contains less _____.
Answer: The air, oxygen
315. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: Ms. Giardi arrived before we did. Didn’t she?
316. We didn’t use all of the gasoline, so the _____ should be enough to get you to the station.
317. I often dream _____ traveling to foreign countries.
318. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: The watch with the black dial was repaired and returned.
319. It remains unclear whether it is more _____ to attract new customers or to retain existing ones.
320. The picture was taken by an artist _____ name I can’t remember.
321. The driver was able to repair the tire, _____ there were tools in the trunk of the car.
322. (Note: Question 322 is missing.)
323. I wish it would stop raining so that I _____ outside.
Answer: could go
324. I found my friends seated _____ the front row of the theater.
325. How _____ to repair six computers in an hour?
Answer: did you manage
326. Seeing this snow globe reminds me _____ to Clear Lake every winter with my family.
Answer: of going
327. _____ it’s true that more trees need to be planted, there is still enough shade for the swimming pool.
328. Joseph wasn’t home when you went to visit him, _____ he?
329. The concert started late, _____ annoyed a lot of people.
330. How many documents _____ yesterday?
Answer: did you have to sign
331. Let’s hope Ms. Noor finds a good job _____ she goes.
332. The addition of a new rail line has made the northern part of the city much more _____.
333. Jason discovered the small piece of metal in the engine _____ was causing all the problems.
334. Mr. Faisal said that he _____ David since yesterday morning.
Answer: hadn’t seen
335. Ms. Cepeda’s designs were _____ detailed that there was no need to revise them.
336. Rebecca forgave Jason _____ not contacting her for six months.
337. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: The tallest man who was from Sweden introduced me to Jennifer.
338. OLP Airlines is looking for _____ with _____ on an international flight.
Answer: pilots, experience
339. I wish George _____ me about the bad acoustics in the room before I took the stage.
Answer: had warned
340. The lifetime warranty only _____ to tools that have not been refurbished.
341. Unfortunately, there wasn’t _____ left after the picnic.
Answer: any bread
342. The doorman won’t allow you to enter _____ you provide identification.
343. What would you have done if Ms. Adams _____ the package unopened?
Answer: had returned
344. Melissa was the only one _____ managed to finish the examination on time.
345. The hotel _____ we had our company retreat was very clean.
346. It took Walter an hour to figure _____ where he had parked his car.
347. _____ Igor go every day after he finishes work?
Answer: Where does
348. Let’s listen _____ what Mr. Freund says about increasing our revenue.
349. Would it make _____ if I leave tonight instead of early in the morning?
Answer: a difference
350. It was _____ flight that kept us in _____ for 12 hours.
Answer: the long, the air
351. You need to use a gauge to figure out how much _____ is in your tires.
Answer: the air
352. The _____ of money required to rebuild the engine is more than a new one would cost.
353. Sales of the heavy coats have been _____ slow in the summer.
354. Deliveries from SpeedCo are _____ punctual.
355. We never know if Ms. Lee is going to arrive at the office _____ time.
356. The steel _____ from our plant in Germany increased by 17% last year.
357. Do you know if Roger got _____ he applied for _____ week?
Answer: the job, last
358. Most of the antiques in the shop are in excellent _____.
359. Peter saw Rebecca crossing the street when he was stopped _____ the traffic light.
360. Ms. Okung insisted _____ for my dinner last night.
Answer: on paying
361. Ms. Kittle brings two forms of identification with her _____ she goes.
362. There was an unexpected guest at the conference, _____ an extra chair was brought in.
363. The bicycle will have to be _____ so that it can fit into a shipping crate.
364. Yuko doesn’t like to spend money _____ jewelry or cars.
365. I don’t understand why the 3:10 train from Mumbai _____ yet.
Answer: hasn’t arrived
366. Tomorrow Ms. Rogers will tell us _____ she has decided to do.
367. If we take the 9:30 flight, we _____ too late.
Answer: will arrive
368. Mr. Lanza has a very _____ attitude for such a young man.
369. _____ ever seen the Northern Lights?
Answer: Have you
370. _____ of the six people who attended the concert stayed until the final song.
371. Responses to our new package design have been _____ positive.
372. I sometimes visit my grandmother in Prague, _____ is quite close to my home.
373. While Mr. Yoo was painting the bedroom, Mr. Kerr _____ furniture from the living room.
Answer: was removing
374. Would you be interested ____ working for the government?
375. You didn’t have to carry your passport with you, _____?
Answer: did you
376. When _____ to tell us what our next assignment is going to be?
Answer: is Tom going
377. What is _____ ocean in _____?
Answer: the largest, the world
378. Ms. Baker found the conference to be rather _____.
379. Investigators accused Mr. Russell _____ money from the safe.
Answer: of stealing
380. Mr. Bellini _____ yet because his plane is delayed.
Answer: hasn’t arrived
381. I encourage you to think _____ where you want to be in five years.
382. The worst way to get your way is to shout _____ people.
383. Mr. Staley congratulated Deborah _____ the award.
Answer: on winning
384. Charles _____ to meet his fiancée in Japan on her birthday next August.
Answer: is going
385. The thing I don’t like about this restaurant is _____ .
Answer: the noise
386. Most people can’t repair an automobile all by _____.
387. As we speak, Ms. Luo _____ her way here from Germany.
Answer: is making
388. In six months PLK Manufacturing’s Delhi factory will be completely _____.
389. _____ checkout time is 11am, exceptions can always be made as a courtesy to guests.
390. If Elsa’s grandmother lived closer, she _____ her more often.
Answer: would visit
391. If I had known his phone number, I _____ him.
Answer: would have called
392. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: The emperor was wearing no clothes, which was quite obvious to Beverly.
393. Ruth does not want to work full time, but she is open _____ in on a freelance basis.
Answer: to come
394. Ms. Melani would like to see all essays from this year, including _____ that are not finished yet.
395. Maria is _____ who specializes in _____ .
Answer: a doctor, the elderly
396. ______ Mr. Goff’s scheduling mistake, the event took place on time.
Answer: In spite of
397. After you fill out the form completely _____ the doctor will see you.
398. John is bringing a water bottle with him in case he _____ thirsty.
399. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: Mr. Bogojevic said that he had watched the entire tennis match.
400. Pamela has three computers, all of _____ are very old.
401. For the past ten years, MotoCorp _____ the world’s most fuel-efficient cars.
Answer: has been building
402. Ms. Neruda has a very positive attitude _____ her work.
403. It began to rain just as the party goers _____.
Answer: were leaving
404. The critics said that the movie was _____ funny.
405. Ms. Myers commented that _____ she slept in at the hotel was better than _____ she slept in at home.
Answer: the bed, the one
406. _____ the weather was perfect, the groundbreaking ceremony had to be postponed.
406. _____ the weather was perfect, the groundbreaking ceremony had to be postponed.
407. Do you know _____ Judy has arrived in Salzburg yet?
408. Mr. Guo’s ideas about international relations were _____ extreme than we expected.
409. By this time last year, this company _____ 500 printing presses.
Answer: had sold
410. So far this week, I _____ three seminars about the future of aviation.
Answer: have attended
411. Don’t forget _____ the oven after ____ the pie.
Answer: to turn off, removing
412. Surprisingly, guests have a _____ to use the indoor pool in the summer.
413. Leila turned _____ the job because she didn’t want to spend her time in sales.
414. While Jeffery was traveling in France, he _____ into an old friend from college.
415. If the customer signs the receipt, we _____ responsible for the lost package.
Answer: haven’t been
416. We were surprised that Ms. Lafarge is _____ good at product design.
417. Ms. Johnson complained that there was no heat in her room. _____, the mechanic was working on the boiler.
418. _____ asked you to finish the project by Friday?
419. Would you choose a career as _____ instructor?
Answer: a flight
420. _____ we need to do is examine why our business has slowed down.
421. Nori loves to sit on a bench atop the cliff near her house and look out over _____.
Answer: the ocean
422. Before I applied _____ the job, I researched the company.
423. There weren’t more than five people at the demonstration, _____?
Answer: were there
424. If the bank offers me the job, I don’t think I ____ it.
Answer: will take
425. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: “The only person who was interested in the job was Michael.”
426. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: ““I can’t start the meeting,” said Ms. Lee, “without the entire staff present.””
427. There was a sweater left behind at the party, but Ichiro couldn’t figure out _____ it was.
428. Jenny spent ten minutes trying to sort out _____ jacket was _____.
Answer: whose, hers
429. Make sure to take your shoes _____ before you enter Ms. Tanaka’s house.
430. The research department found that adding more oxygen to the mixture was the solution _____ the problem.
431. By the end of this year, Joseph _____ his book about Italian furniture.
Answer: will have completed
432. You _____ the exam unless you study harder.
Answer: won’t pass
433. Luckily, we brought extra food. _____, we would have gotten very hungry.
434. It costs $125 to _____ your membership to the gym every year.
435. Employees’ suggestions to management may be _____ so that employees can feel free to express their thoughts.
436. Ms. Sanders can’t remember _____ in the hospital when she was three years old.
437. The electric cart doesn’t have a reverse gear, _____?
Answer: does it
438. _____ did Rebecca know that you wouldn’t be coming to work today?
439. Ms. Hassan got _____ the bus and walked three blocks to her cousin’s house.
440. High pitched sounds in the recording are _____ audible, but they can be heard at high volume.
441. Do you know _____ gone?
Answer: where has Tom
442. Dr. Wurtz didn’t know that the briefcase in the corner was _____.
443. The condition of the merchandise was unacceptable, so I demanded that they give me my money _____.
444. If Ms. Hernandez _____ for many years at an ad agency, she wouldn’t have so many clients as an independent contractor.
Answer: hadn’t worked
445. We usually start with the marketing phase, even if we are not finished _____ the development of the product.
446. Out of all of us, Jose was the one _____ scored the highest on the exam.
447. I’ve never seen specifications as detailed as _____.
448. If Brandon finishes his work by 5:00, he _____ us at the Rosewood Cafe.
Answer: will meet
449. The budget report for last year was very _____ researched.
450. Ms. Arguello never expected that her podcast would be _____ popular.
451. If Rebecca had sent the replacement part for the copier, we _____ it yesterday.
Answer: would have received
452. We are looking to hire someone who has a strong _____ in management.
453. Hiring freelancers is not _____ expensive as bringing in a new employee.
454. How _____ from the airport to the hotel?
Answer: did you get
455. Many people have difficulty _____ the entrance examination for IT courses at the Snell Institute.
456. No one has yet succeeded _____ improving on Ms. Glaser’s original design for our company’s logo.
457. _____ someone sends me a text, I get back to them within 10 minutes.
458. Mr. Mettner said that he _____ the security deposit for the apartment.
Answer: hadn’t yet received
459. Martin Beale _____ all of the legal matters for RTG Plastics Inc.
460. By next February Roger ______ at his new job for six months.
Answer: will have been working
461. If you are in town next week, we should have _____ together.
462. People will be able to set up websites by _____ because the platform is so simple.
463. The factory floor supervisor started the generator _____ the power had gone out.
464. Ms. Fiallos was not _____ for the truck driver position because she did not have a valid driver’s license.
465. When she discovered the briefcase didn’t belong to her, she tried to find out _____ it was.
466. Sites like Uploadithere.com are _____ way to send large documents.
Answer: the best
467. The bulky frame made the picture _____ heavy to hang on the wall.
468. _____ Wednesday, two of the key people on the design team called in sick.
469. When _____ us the final draft of the report?
Answer: will you send
470. Robert will stay at the job site until 6pm unless Tony _____ to replace him first.
471. Mr. Weiss considers his company’s move to Canada to be _____.
472. Try to guess the definition of a word without looking it _____ in the dictionary.
473. The amount of _____ housing in the southern part of the city has increased
in the last five years.
474. Russell doesn’t usually work on weekends. _____, he will make an exception for this client.
475. _____ of us are going anywhere this weekend because there is too much work to do.
476. The manufacturing operation _____ smoothly while Ms. Kurtz was on vacation.
477. First I will send you the document ________________
. Then I will bill you.
Answer: : then I will bill you.
478. Luckily, Mona remembered _____ an extra set of keys to give to Max.
Answer: to bring
479. Who _____ to inform him that his bid for the apartment renovation had been accepted?
Answer: Did Eric call
480. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: “I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes,” the taxi driver said.
481. After an hour, the mechanic was able to pull the tire _____ of the wheel.
482. It’s important to put _____ into _____ of any new project.
Answer: time, planning
483. Please forgive me _____ not informing you about the problems we were having with the new software.
484. _____ sent you to deliver the printer?
485. No one has figured out exactly _____ caused the power failure.
486. ___ twelve years, Opal Systems has been designing operating systems for government institutions.
487. Ricardo’s boss _____ him telling the client how to use the software.
488. The committee _____ the job of quality control to Karl Mertz.
489. If I _____ my vacation in March, I never would have met Mr. Edwards.
Answer: had taken
490. Most people prefer sleeping at home _____ sleeping on an airplane.
491. Mr. Ibanez gave _____ calling Mr. Hansen after Mr. Hansen never responded to his messages.
492. Tomas decided to visit _____ sisters in Amsterdam in April.
493. _____ happened after I left work yesterday?
494. Please continue to use the front entrance _____ a delivery is too large to fit through the door.
495. Ms. Elkin had two bags with her when she arrived, _____?
Answer: didn’t she
496. The new operating system should significantly reduce the _____ of time it takes to upload documents.
497. _____ the switch on the back of the machine do?
Answer: What does
498. The _____ for submissions to the design competition is March 3.
499. Monday is a holiday, _____ Emily will contact you on Tuesday.
500. _____ our supplier’s shipment was late, I managed to get most of the order ready.
501. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: “Sam’s dad’s truck was found without its wheels.”
502. Ms. Costas depends _____ three major accounts for most of her business.
503. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: “Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each other’s work.”
504. A huge traffic jam prevented Lila _____ getting to the airport on time.
505. Mr. Yee shops at _____ hardware store in his area.
Answer: the only
506. _____________, I will have the report done by next week.
Answer: Whether I take on another job or not
507. _____ is an important ingredient in any soup.
508. Now that Ms. Brecht has retired, we all agree it will be difficult to _____ her.
509. The results of the study were inconclusive. _____, more research needs to be done.
510. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Answer: “The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger, three hot dogs, and an apple turnover.”
511. Our marketing strategy is based on _____ experience.
Answer: both data and
#FiverrEnglishSkillTest #fiverr #basicEnglishSkillTest #b2bleadgeneration #Fiverr #EnglishTestBasic #USEnglishSkillTest #FiverrEnglishAnswer #FiverrEnglish ##FiverrEnglishAnswer2023