Mr. Hal Elrod serves as Senior Vice President of Technology of WhiteFence, Inc. Mr. Elrod is responsible for all technology at WhiteFence, including the infrastructure and delivery of core ecommerce software. Mr. Elrod has a background of large scale systems development in energy platforms and electronic trading.
Mr. Elrod came to Whitefence from consulting at the Internet commodity website Pricelock, where he served as chief technologist and led the company’s commercial launch. Mr. Elrod has held senior technology management positions in energy and technology companies such as Centrica/Direct Energy, Reuters and Enron.
His area of specialization has been in systems for trade execution and post-trade processing for commodities such as electricity, natural gas, wood pulp and paper. He started his career in consulting, designing and coding complex dispatch and load management optimization software for trucking companies. Mr. Elrod received his undergraduate degree in economics and computer science from Baylor University, and a Master of Science in engineering in operations research from The University of Texas at Austin.
Hal’s Life Savers
Hal Elrod says he has hit bottom twice in his life: once after his horrific 1999 automobile accident and again after suffering extreme financial setbacks during the Great Recession. Elrod says the second was the more harrowing experience. “There were a lot of people taking care of me after the accident,” he says. But in 2008–09, “I felt I was facing my financial problems on my own.”
Fortunately, he was not really alone. With the help of his friend Jon Berghoff, Elrod literally pulled himself out of bed to go running. The benefits of exercise opened Elrod to consider the benefits of an hour-long morning routine, which he details in his latest book, The Miracle Morning.
In it, Elrod encourages readers to get up an hour earlier than usual every day. “Your morning routine or lack thereof affects your levels of success in every single area of your life,” he writes. “Focused, productive, successful mornings generate focused, productive, successful days.” During that relatively pressure-free time, he suggests using what he calls his Life S.A.V.E.R.S. program.
SILENCE, by which he means meditation, prayer, reflection, deep breathing or expressions of gratitude, done individually or in combination. “If you want to immediately reduce your stress levels—to begin each day with the kind of calm clarity and peace of mind that will allow you to stay focused—do the opposite of what most people do: Start each day with a period of purposeful silence.”
Read More: মুক্তমতের প্রকাশ ও মুক্তমনাদের মত প্রকাশের স্বাধীনতা দের তালিকা
AFFIRMATION, the time-tested practice of repeating positive statements about oneself in order to create a positive, self-confident attitude. Citing research that shows 70 percent of women use self-deprecating humor and 77 percent say self-deprecating things, Elrod argues that a person’s programming can be changed at any time. Instead of focusing on what’s been going wrong, repeatedly tell yourself “who you want to be, what you want to accomplish and how you’re going to accomplish it.”
VISUALIZATION, a practice “of seeking to generate positive results in your outer world by using your imagination to create mental pictures of specific outcomes and behaviors.”
EXERCISE. “Even just a few minutes will boost your energy, enhance your health, and improve self-confidence and emotional well-being to think better and concentrate longer.”
READING. Specifically, reading financial personal-development books like Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill or relationship self-help books like The 5 Love Languages by Gary D. Chapman. Elrod recommends at least 10 pages a day.
SCRIBING. Elrod confesses to needing a thesaurus to arrive at that S, which signifies journaling. “By getting thoughts out of your head and putting them in writing, you gain valuable insights.
TOP 10 INSPIRATIONAL & EMPOWERING QUOTES
*These are Hal Elrod’s Top 10 quotes, as voted on by The Miracle Morning® community.
- “Love the life you have while you create the life of your dreams. Don’t think you have to choose one over the other.”
- “Give up being perfect for being authentic.”
- “You are where you are because of who you were, but where you go depends entirely on who you choose to be.”
- “Why is it that when a baby is born we often refer to him or her as ‘the miracle of life’ but then we go on to accept mediocrity for our own lives. When did we lose sight of the Miracle that WE are living?”
- “Strive to make everyday the best day of your life, because there is no good reason not to.”
- “The moment you accept responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life is the moment you can change ANYTHING in your life.”
- “Every goal we have is preceded by a process. The secret to success is to be committed to the daily process, without being emotionally attached to your results. You should absolutely be emotionally engaged in your goals, but not emotionally attached. What’s the difference? When you are emotionally engaged, you create excitement & enthusiasm for the possibility of achieving your goals, but when you are emotionally attached you create fear & pain that you might not.”
- “If you want more energy, put yourself in situations where energy is required. Your body will naturally response and always produce the energy you need, but not if you’re just sitting around complaining about not having enough energy.”
- “Those who only do what they feel like… don’t do much. To be successful at anything you must take action even when you don’t feel like it, knowing that the action itself will produce the motivation you need to follow through.”
- “You are always exactly where you are supposed to be, experiencing what you need to experience, to learn what you must learn, in order to become the person you need to be to create the life you truly want. Always.”
ডেইলি নিউজ টাইমস বিডি ডটকম (Dailynewstimesbd.com)এর ইউটিউব চ্যানেল সাবস্ক্রাইব ও ফেসবুক পেইজটি ফলো করুন করুন।